Despite some threatening e-mails received by several employees, the Mountain Home school district will be open and it will be business as usual Monday.
Superintendent Dr. Jake Long says a vague but threatening e-mail was sent to more than one school e-mail account and to multiple school districts around the state at 12:53 Sunday morning.
Long says the e-mail referenced the school shooting that occurred last week but was very vague.
Long says there will be an increase in law enforcement patrols and security at all Mountain Home schools beginning Monday and for the next several weeks.
Baxter County Sheriff John Montgomery confirmed his office, Mountain Home Police and the Arkansas State Police have been working on the case. Montgomery says state police investigators were able to determine the e-mail came from a server in Europe and they believe it is a hoax.
Montgomery says the e-mail was sent to many school districts in Arkansas. KTLO, Classic Hits and The Boot News checked with several schools in southern Missouri and none of them received the e-mail.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI