OUR COMMUNITY CARES JULY, 2015 WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BACK PACK PROGRAM SPONSORED BY: Century 21 Lemac Realty Ozark Surgical Group Danny Porter of Century 21 LeMac Realty KTLO, Classic Hits and The Boot
- Over 150 local motorcyclists participate in the annual WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BIKE RIDE which has raised over $20,000 over the past five years to feed hungry school children through the Back Pack Program of Baxter County.
- 150 local motorcyclists are expected at this year’s 6th annual WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BIKE RIDE to be held Saturday, July 18, starting from the parking lot of Century 21 LeMac Realty East in Mountain Home.
- The goal of the 6th annual WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BIKE RIDE is $5,000 which will provide over 1,400 back packs of nutritious food for weekend meals to children in the Back Pack Program of Baxter County.
- The Back Pack Program of Baxter County provides a package of nutritious food to 400 local school children who would have little or nothing to eat over the weekend when they are not in school.
- Local church groups package the back packs of nutritious food distributed to 400 hungry children Baxter County schools at a cost of $3.50 each.
- The 400 anonymous school children participating in the Back Pack Program of Baxter County are identified as being in need by school teachers and counselors.
- Over 2,000 children in Baxter County are considered food insecure by the Food Bank of North Central Arkansas.
- Donations from churches, businesses, individuals and civic groups provide the over $300,000 annually in funds needed to provide weekend meals to the 400 hungry school children participating in the Back Pack Program of Baxter County.
- The Back Pack Program of Baxter County provides weekend meals each of the 40 weeks of the school year to 400 hungry school children.