OUR COMMUNITY CARES
Ozark Surgical Group
Century 21 LeMac Realty
- Homelessness exists in the Twin Lakes Area where individuals without homes can be found living in parks, vehicles and shelters with their children attending our schools.
- It is estimated 25 percent of homeless individuals, men and women, across our country and in the Twin Lakes Area are United States military veterans.
- Homeless women and children can find shelter at Gamma House in Mountain Home, a faith based facility, with a capacity to house 22 people.
- Homeless men can find shelter at Alpha House in Mountain Home, a faith based facility, with a capacity to house 25 men.
- The Salvation Army in Mountain Home provides assistance and temporary housing to homeless individuals and families in our community.
- The children of homeless families can be found in our schools. It is estimated 64 students, or 1.6 percent of the student population in Mountain Home schools, are homeless.