LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) _ Two Arkansas children have died in an early morning
fire that started from candles lit after severe weather storms knocked out their
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that the fire killed 2-year-old Trayshawn
King and 3-year-old Jayshawn King in their Dallas County home Friday morning.
The county's coroner says the children died of smoke inhalation.
Dallas County Chief Deputy Stan McGahee says the children's father was taken to
a hospital for cuts on his forearm and hands when he broke a window trying to
reach the kids.
McGahee says the family lit the candles around midnight, shortly after strong
storms knocked out their power. The newspaper reported the home was reduced to a
pile of burning rubble with only the chimney still left standing.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI