a couple found dead in their car Christmas Eve may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning while waiting for floodwaters to recede.A witness reported seeing the car driven by the couple, identified as Timothy Lane and Mary Manues, attempt to travel along a flooded road on Friday.
On Saturday, an Arkansas County sheriff's deputy broke a rear window and found the couple dead inside the car after a caller reported seeing it on the side of the road.
Sheriff Todd Wright said he believes the couple may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning after getting stuck in the mud.
The county and several surrounding areas experienced heavy rain last week with reports of flooded roads and parking lots.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI