Man charged with attacking wife allowed to enter rehab program

A Mountain Home man charged with attacking his wife on two occasions is being allowed to enter the addiction treatment program offered by Care Center Ministries.

A somewhat reluctant Judge Gordon Webb approved the arrangement for 28-year-old Dusty Rhoades during a session of Baxter County Circuit Court Thursday.

The judge said his hesitancy was caused by the fact Rhoades did not show up for a recent court appearance and was put in jail on a failure to appear warrant.

Judge Webb said Rhoades would be required to post a $1,500 bond and was also ordered to return to the Baxter County Detention Center, if he left the Care Center Ministries program for any reason.

He is scheduled to reappear in court in late March.

Rhoades faces charges of domestic assault, aggravated assault and first-degree terroristic threatening.

On May 1st last year, his wife notified the Baxter County Sheriff's Office her husband had struck her on the left thigh with a wooden stick, described as part of a baby bed. Investigators reported the victim had a large bruise where Rhoades was alleged to have hit her, and there were two distinct "strike marks" appearing to have been made by a long, hard object.

The victim said Rhoades forced her into a bedroom, removed her shoes and struck her with them.

She said during the attack, Rhoades also threatened her with a knife, poking her in the stomach and holding the weapon to her forehead and throat.

On May 7th, the victim called the sheriff's office again reporting her husband had attacked her. The woman said the attack occurred after Rhoades went through her phone and found she had been texting other males. He allegedly accused her of "sleeping around," flew into a rage and forced her into the bathroom. She said he then choked her and threw her against a wall, demanding she stop lying to him.

Since the charges stemming from the attacks on his wife were filed, another woman has requested an order of protection to keep Rhoades away from her. In her affidavit filed Jan. 22nd, the woman alleges Rhoades had threatened her with a knife on several occasions, hit her in the head and threatened her with death if she notified police.

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI