Photo: Terry Ray Hampton
A Marion County man, 54-year-old Terry Ray Hampton of Bull Shoals, has been arrested following an eight-mile chase by law enforcement over two counties.
Marion County Sheriff Clinton Evans says law enforcement received a call at 5:16 Friday morning reporting a suspicious vehicle off County Road 3016 in the Pyatt area.
An officer was dispatched to the area and made contact with the driver, identified as Hampton. As the officer approached the vehicle from the passenger side, Hampton exited the vehicle, then quickly jumped back in and fled.
A pursuit crossed into Boone County and ended when the vehicle was boxed in at the Dollar General store in Bergman. Hampton was taken into custody without incident.
Upon inventory of the vehicle, drugs and a firearm were located.
Hampton has been charged with
– Possession of marijuana, Class A misdemeanor
– Simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms, Class B felony
– Possession by certain persons, Class D felony
– Fleeing, Class A misdemeanor
– Theft by receiving, Class C felony
– Careless driving, Class A misdemeanor
– Speeding, Class A misdemeanor
– Driving on suspended driver’s license, Class A misdemeanor
– No Proof of insurance, Class A misdemeanor
– Disobeying a stop sign, Class A misdemeanor
– Failure to pay fines, misdemeanor
– Probation and parole hold (white warrant)
Hampton’s bond is set at $50,000. He is being held at the Marion County Law Enforcement Center pending court appearance.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI