Photos: Jolyn Mandel (from left), Brandon Scott Stanley and Jesse Ray Bowman
Three habitual offenders are facing new drug charges following a traffic stop last week in Izard County.
According to the probable cause affidavit, 36-year-old Jolynn Mandel, 47-year-old Brandon Scott Stanley and 29-year-old Jesse Ray Bowman are facing seven drug-related charges, with their bonds set at $50,000 each.
Addresses for the three are not listed in online court documents in their most recent cases. However, in a 2019 case records show a Mountain Home address for Mandel. Prior court records for Stanley show a Pineville address, and at the time of his arrest in 2017 in Baxter County on 14 charges, Bowman listed a Norfork address on court documents.
In the latest case, the three were stopped by an Arkansas State Police trooper on State Highway 223 in Pineville Dec. 27, when the officer noticed an improper window tint on the vehicle the suspects were traveling in.
Bowman was the driver of the vehicle, with records indicating he is an active parolee with a search waiver on file. A search of Bowman’s person led to THC wax, a device to ingest the substance and a hypodermic syringe.
Mandel was found to have a valid warrant from the Mountain Home Police Department.
A search of the vehicle led to drugs, field testing positive for methamphetamine and suspected heroin, and drug paraphernalia.
The three are charged with
– Possession with purpose to deliver meth cocaine, Class A felony
– Possession with purpose to deliver a controlled substance, Schedule I, II, Class C felony
– Possession of drug paraphernalia to manufacture meth cocaine, Class B felony
– Possess of drug paraphernalia to conceal meth cocaine, heroin, fentanyl, Class D felony
– Possession of drug paraphernalia meth cocaine, heroin, fentanyl, Class D felony
– Possession of a controlled substance, Schedule VI, Class A misdemeanor
– Possession of drug paraphernalia, Class A misdemeanor
The three all face enhanced penalties as habitual offenders, having previously been convicted of four or more felonies or having been found guilty of four or more felonies.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI