
From the KARK News Room – Arkansas Attorney General Tim Griffin announced that nine men were arrested on charges of sexual solicitation after an investigation was conducted by his office.
In a press conference on Friday, Griffin said a multi-agency operation in Hot Springs earlier this week led to the arrests.
According to Griffin, the information that led investigators to online platforms where men would arrange meetings with prostitutes to engage in sex for money was collected during human trafficking investigations of illicit massage businesses.
“For the past two years, we’ve focused primarily on the supply side of these kinds of operations by going after the establishments where illicit activity is occurring,” Griffin said.
Griffin said this week’s investigation focused on the demand side and the arrests included one mid-level ringleader and provided services to 30 victims.
“Make no mistake, this is despicable behavior, and it perpetuates human trafficking, plain and simple. And our work is having an impact.,” Griffin said.
Men arrested on sexual solicitation:
Vicente Santos, 46
David Hicks, 22
Jacob Benson, 32
Edward Freeman, 22
Antron Pearson, 37
Isaias Martinez-Sanchez, 30
Michael McConnell, 32
Carthon Cooper, 27
Gustavo Gonzalez, 28
“I am grateful to Prosecuting Attorney for the 18th Judicial District East Michelle Lawrence; Homeland Security Investigations, U.S. Department of Homeland Security; the FBI; the Garland County Sheriff’s Office; the Hot Springs Police Department; the Little Rock Police Department; and the Arkansas State Police for their assistance on this operation,” Griffin said.
View original KARK Reporting: Nine arrested in Hot Springs connected to sexual solicitation websites, Arkansas Attorney General announces
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI










