Images contributed by Bailey Kim Due
Firefighters from the Northeast Lakeside Fire Department, with mutual aid from the Henderson Fire Department and Gamaliel Fire Department, responded to an emergency call regarding a structure fire in the Mallard Point area at approximately 9:05 Tuesday morning. Smoke was seen coming from a residence at 91 Pheasant Run Terrace.
When emergency personnel arrived on the scene smoke could be seen billowing from the eaves of the roof.
According to Northeast Lakeside Fire Department Assistant Fire Chief Rick Williamson, the fire started in the flue of the chimney and spread to the roof. The roof and the living room of the home sustained minor damage.
Williamson says normal creosote build-up was the cause. He says creosote can be a problem even when a chimney is regularly maintained. As a result many homeowners are opting to install a stainless steel flue liner for added protection.
There were no injuries reported, and the fire was extinguished at 10:34 Tuesday morning.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI