(AP) – Prosecutors have dismissed four first-degree murder
charges against a Missouri man less than two weeks before his trial had been
scheduled to begin.
But the Springfield News-Leader reports that prosecutors anticipate refiling
charges against 49-year-old Scott Goodwin-Bey of Springfield after additional
testing is complete.
Chief assistant Greene County prosecutor Todd Myers says a recent ballistic
evidence ruling led to the charges being dismissed Tuesday.
The killings happened in November 2014 at an Economy Inn in Springfield. Court
documents filed earlier allege that Goodwin-Bey believed the victims had told
police about his drug use. Three victims died at the scene and the fourth died
several days later.
Goodwin-Bey was convicted of a federal gun charge in October and will remain
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI