No contest plea entered in threats case


A Gassville man entered a no contest plea to charges he made threats against people on social media last year during a session of Baxter County Circuit Court Thursday.

Thirty-five-year-old Richard Fink was accused of posting threatening messages on social media allegedly directed at members of his girlfriend's family.

He was sentenced to four years probation.

According to the probable cause affidavit, there had been a "history of animosity" between Fink and the people he allegedly threatened.

In one of the social media posts, Fink is reported to have posted a photo of himself with a gun pointed to his temple.

When he was still in jail on the charges, Circuit Judge Gordon Webb told Fink if he bonded out, he was to have no contact with the alleged victims. Fink told the court it would be "no problem" to cut off contact with people he alleged were involved in what he charged was an effort to cause trouble for him.

It was announced in court Thursday a no contact remains in place.

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI