Candle may have sparked fire that killed 7-year-old boy


MOSCOW MILLS, Mo. (AP) – Authorities say a Missouri mobile home fire that
killed a 7-year-old boy apparently started in the area where a candle was
burning after a power outage.

KSDK-TV reports Jaxon Parks was found dead inside his grandmother’s home
early Saturday in Moscow Mills, about 60 miles (96.56 kilometers) north of St. Louis. Nine other people got out before firefighters arrived.

The Missouri State Fire Marshal’s Office was called to investigate and
determined the fire to be accidental. Power was out in the neighborhood and the candle was lit to provide light in the home.

Jaxon’s father, Devin Parks, said he and his family had been staying at his parents’ house to get back on their feet. He said he tried to save his son but couldn’t find him.

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI